Monday, March 22, 2010

Cherry Blossom Time

Spring is here and the Cherry Blossoms are in full bloom at Stoner Park in West L.A.

The publisher gave me Friday off, so I decided to go to Sawtelle Blvd. for some relaxing, shopping and eating. I had heard that the cherry blossoms had started to bloom in nearby Stoner Park. It's, more or less, ten blocks west of Sawtelle... so it's in walking distance. Luckily the weather was just right for a walk. Sunny, but mild with a slight breeze.

Cherry blossoms are definitely in bloom. I noticed one in front of the Buddist Church and by some nearby houses. But nothing can compare to seeing a whole bunch of the trees in bloom. These trees are all lined around Stoner Park. So all you see is pink when you stroll around the edges of the park. One of the coolest things is when a breeze blows through the line of trees and the pink petals float down.

2 comments:

Sidd said...

Lovely pictures. I'm just delighted when I find myself in a pink petal blizzard.
Is it really called "Stoner Park"? LOL

deanobot said...

Thank Sidd. The falling petal remind me of a couple of Japanese anime I have seen. It really is beautiful though.
Yes, it really is called Stoner Park... although I'm not sure why. Not familiar with the history of the park.