Friday, July 24, 2009

Bumperboy

I was inspired to work in a medium that I am not very familiar with... Sculpy. Got the idea right after attending the AnimeExpo. But then I got additional inspiration after receiving Debbie Huey's Bumperboy Newsletter. She had a Bumperboy and Bumperpup that she made by felting.

So I decided to try my hand at working with Sculpy and chose Bumperboy as my first sculpt. Had a little bit of trouble in the beginning. Just wasn't sure the best way to build the legs.. individually or molded together. Finally chose to just make the legs as one piece and sculpt it. Formed, shaped, baked and sanded it. Probably could have sanded it a little better, but not bad for a first try.

Here is what it looks like after I primed and painted it. Used a pearlescent additive to the white to give it a little bit of a shimmer. Think I am going to try Bumperpup next and then one of my own creations.

2 comments:

person said...

Cool!

Sidd said...

I really like him! Very good first effort. I've never tried Sculpy, but I've been tempted. Bought some and waited so many years it turned into a brick. Can't wait to see the pup.