Saturday, October 10, 2009

Back Online!

Finally got my replacement DSL box. Which was a 2nd replacement to my original replacement box. The lights and power was not activating on the first one I received. So I had to call my provider so that they could send out a new one. Two weeks without internet at home drove me nuts. Couldn't get online to check emails, read news or work on things.

Oh well... all that is fixed. Now it's the busiest time of the year at the magazine. Have to work at an event on Saturday, the 10th. Company is having holding a Cover Kids Contest at the Skirball Cultural Center. 3 kids, from 3 different categories, will be on 3 different covers of the magazine. The winners will also get a photo session with Valerie Tabor Smith and a gift set from Paul Frank. They'll be other random prizes being given away at the event as well. Like goody bags, toddler bikes, scooters, Uglydolls, Mr. Toast items, DVDs, CDs, games, books, video games and toys.

Scarium of the Pacific event is on the 24th and 25th at the Aquarium of the Pacific. Since we are a sponsor of the event I have to help out on one of those days. Goody bags, costume contests, arts and crafts will be going on throughout the day there.

Next 3 months is going to be back-to-back deadlines with 6 magazines to be published in that time period. Lots of long days are ahead for me.

No comments: