Friday, October 23, 2009

Three Apples @ Royal/T Cafe

Went to the VIP party for the Three Apples 35 Years Hello Kitty Celebration Exhibition @ Royal/T Cafe last night. Pics are not the greatest since I took them with my iPhone. I didn't bring my camera with me. The opening started at 7pm and there was a huge crowd there even before then. I got there about 7pm and didn't get in until somewhere around 8:15pm-8:30pm. Missed Kimora Lee and Paris Hilton. They left the party just before we even got in.

Place was packed with people and missed out on the goody bags just when we were about to get in too. Got to eat some Hello Kitty cake and appetizers. Other than seeing Kimora Lee and Paris Hilton, I saw a lot of the artists that contributed pieces to the show: Buffmonster, Luke Cheuh, Joe Hahn of Linkin Park, James Jean, David Choe, Gary Baseman, Angry Woebots, Tim Biskup and Tokidoki. Found out way later that Miranda Cosgrove, Dave Nevarro, Pete Wentz and Tera Patrick were there as well.

There is an Hello Kitty Pop-Up Shop in the gallery. Some items are exclusive to the show. A Hello Kitty plush doll box set ($100), 2 Hello Kitty vinyl figures ($12), plus there is the exhibition photo book with pics of all the artwork in the show ($35). Some limited edition prints of some of the pieces are available: Luke Cheuh, Gary Baseman and 4 others are available in limited amounts.

All of the pieces were amazing. There were already red dots on some of the artwork. Didn't find the price list sheet until just when I was about to leave though. Wouldn't have mattered much anyway, since the prices on some of them were way out side of my price range.

I will have to go back to the show another day when it is not so crowded. Could not spend as much time as I wanted to view all the artwork and items. Have to go back anyways to pickup that photobook. Need to save some of my money for the GR Biennale 2 show at the JANM on Saturday. The show runs from October 23 - November 15 with lots of fun events happening throughout the shows run at Royal/T Cafe.

1 comment:

Justin said...

Someone should have recorded you go up and down that balloon! haha