Monday, November 09, 2009

Hello Kitty Meet the Artists Party

The Meet the Artists Party at the Hello Kitty Exhibition at Royal/T was on Saturday, 7pm-11pm. Went with my co-worker's blog partner Cecy and her friend. She was going in as media to interview the artists that were there for their mommy blog and I was assisting her. Just like being her Executive Assistant for the show. Since she wasn't very familiar with the artists, and I was, I could help her out by identifying who's who and give her background info.

There was a line to get into the pop-up shop in the front and another in the back to get into the gallery. But since we were media, we got in without any line waiting. Even got to go into the VIP lounge area for free beverages and appetizers. Some of the artists were in that area chillin' out before stepping out into the main gallery area.

I got to meet so many of the talented artists that took part in this show: Camilla D'errico, Angry Woebots, Deph, Misha, Dan Goodsell, Melissa Contreras, Peekaboo Monster, Gary Baseman, Jason Han, Thomas Han, Luke Chueh, Buff Monster, Natalia Fabia and Melly Trochez are the ones that I can remember at the moment.

Live painting started earlier in the day with Peekaboo Monster at 2pm, Angry Woebots at 4pm and Camilla D'errico at 6pm. Then there was the artist jam session during the Meet event where all the artists in attendance collaborated on one canvas. Paintings were auctioned and proceeds went to charity. There was also Live T-shirt Screenprinting at the event with art by: 64 Colors, Crowded Teeth, Buff Monster, Plasticgod and Mark Dean Veca. New print releases by Angry Woebots, Camilla D'errico and Peekaboo Monster, plus some of his custom The Birds resins too.

Would have taken more pics, but I was recording some of the interviews on my iPhone. Just in case Cecy missed writing anything down. She also purchased one of the Three Apples exhibit books to get the artists to sign. They are putting it up on their mommy blog, thatsitmommy.com, as a fan giveaway prize package. I picked up 2 watercolors by Dan Goodsell. He posted a bunch of them on his blog, but the 2 that I really wanted with Keroppi and Tuxedo Sam were already gone. Those 2 are my favorite Sanrio characters. Ended up getting one with Chococat and another with Sweet Coron.

2 comments:

Tee said...

I wish I was there! The birdies are cute. Who made those?

deanobot said...

The birds were made by Peekaboo Monster.