Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Character Sketch

Found these 2 sketches a few days ago in a pile of papers pressed within a sketch book. The first one was my initial detailed design, in pencil, for this character. I know I had some really loose and rough thumbnail pencils that I worked on first, but those may have been on some small pieces of scratch paper. I seem to use those, since I have them on my desk at all times. I try to recycle some of the waste paper from the printer/copier. Should really use my small sketchbooks more often... some of these pieces of paper get discarded afterwords. Especially if they have writing or phone numbers on them from notes or messages.

I knew she was going to have 6 arms (thought about 4 too) and armed with guns and blades. Her look was going to be very Amazon warrior-like with some hi-tech pieces to the uniform. She was part of the Strikforce team I posted in a previous sketch I did. That's about all I had as an idea for her at the time. It is quite a few years old and I vaguely remember some of the other characters that were created for this. Think her name might have been Shiva or Armada or Riot... Shiva sounds more familiar though.

The second one was going to be a much tighter, stylized pencil study of her with design tweaks. Only thing is that it was abandoned... never did finish working on it. Not sure why...

No comments: