Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Losers Screening

Last Friday a bunch of my friends and I went to the screening of The Losers. I think this is the second movie to be adapted from DC Comics' Vertigo line. The first was Watchmen... which I liked, even though the ending was not the same as the graphic novel. The Losers ran for 35 or 36 issues. I only picked up the first couple of issues. Just couldn't keep up with it, since I already had too many books on my pull list to read at the time.

Think I am going to be picking up the graphic novels after seeing this movie. I really enjoyed it! The movie is about a military ops team that are betrayed and framed by this guy named Max and they are out to get revenge on him. Along the way they are helped and joined by Aisha, who is also out for revenge as well.

Action and fight scenes are great. After seeing her in this movie, Zoe Saldana needs to be in more action movies with fighting roles. She can kick some serious butt! The character of Jensen, played by Chris Evans, is super hilarious! The whole elevator scene, before and after, is just great. It'll be interesting to see how he is as Captain America. I didn't even recognize Jason Patric as the villain, Max. His character is completely insane.

The movie seems to cover the first 2 chapters of the series. So I can see them adapting the rest of the chapters into a trilogy. Hopefully it does well at the box office to do so.

No comments: