Tuesday, June 01, 2010

R2D2 and Ice-Bat

Got to do some relaxing over Memorial Day Weekend. No working... just a bit of sleeping. I did get out to head on down to Golden Apple Comics on Monday. Picked up the June Previews/Marvel Previews books, issues of Brightest Day #2, X-Force #27 (part 9 of the Second Coming X-Men crossover event), Avengers #1, Galacta: Daughter of Galactus #1 and The Last Unicorn #1. As I was looking around the store I saw this display case next to a life-size R2D2 statue with signatures and doodles on it. Never paid too much attention to the R2D2. But this time I happened to be crouched down in between the display and the R2D2, to get a closer look at the figures on the very bottom shelf. Just then, something on the R2D2 caught my eye... Ice-Bat's head sketched and signed by David on the front side. I pulled out my iPhone and quickly snapped a couple of pics.

I also found out that they will be selling the Vader Project Auction Catalog and the auction preview is happening down the street from the store. June 12-20 open to the public. On June 11 there will be and Opening Night Party with DJs from 6pm to 10pm. On June 12 there will be a catalog signing with over 20 artists. Golden Apple has a window display with 3 of the Vader helmets.

Been a little too busy over the past month and a half to really post anything. My regular work schedule has been getting bumped around a bit. A few publications got axed or moved, so I've had to reorganize some of my plans for the latter part of the year. Luckily none of it interferes with SDCC. A project I was working on involved creating some sketches of a bunny for a movie, but that fell through. Since they went with another designer for this plush bunny, I'll use it for myself. So I have my Ty looking over the sketches to turn him into a plush. Hopefully it comes out okay. I did finish up some planning for my dad's 85th birthday party in August. Booked the Chinese restaurant, picked out the menu, guest list done and date set. Only things left to do are the invites and the party favors. I have Ty making some small plush origami cranes as party favors. He has made them before and should work well with the party.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site deanobot.blogspot.com
Is this possible?