Monday, June 13, 2011

Buttons.

Last Thursday GR2 hosted a button making event with Christen Carter from Busy Beaver Button Co. You could draw your own, use pictures or collage from clippings to make your button. I made these three 2.25" buttons. Top one was my first and the gold one with the fish was that last.

Wasn't too sure what to draw for my first button, so I drew my bunny character. Think it would have come out better if I drew it in pencil first. Not good in using a pen/marker to draw with. My second one came out a little better... volcano erupting on an island. I thought this one out a little more when I drew it. The third one came out the best and my favorite. Found this piece of gold paper and was instantly inspired. This time I found a pencil to sketch out my piece first.

I hope GR2 does this event again. It was super fun to create these.

No comments: