Sunday, August 23, 2009

SDCC Items: Poketo

So when I went to SDCC this year, I picked up the many exclusives that I wanted to get from the different booths. Got stuff from Hasbro, Mattel and some from many other booths. But there were some that were unexpected pickups for me. First up are a couple of items I got from the Poketo booth. Saw these on Saturday and waited until Sunday to get them. Needed to see how much cash was left by the end of the Con.

A handmade, Limited Edition Poketo x Cupco plush ($40). They are called Gaza Kids and limited to only 9. Each one came individually bagged with a header card, 3 stickers, a removable scarf, Arabic writing printed on the back and a different image on the front shirt. Like all of the plush dolls that Cupco creates, these also have the removable and interchangeable heads (link here). Since these are much, much smaller than the regular Cupco plush dolls, you can only swap the heads between the 9. I have 2 of their regular-size handmades that I picked up from a gallery show years ago: a Green and a Teal Devil.

Then there is this mug ($10). After talking with Ted, one of the co-owners, for an exensive time I spotted the mugs. He showed me about 6 or 7 of them. There were about 3 that I wanted to get (Peskimo and Apak being the other 2), but I only chose this one. I don't know... something about the cute, playful images made me like it. Silvia Portella is the artist on this mug (link here). Hopefully they will be at Felt Club this year so I can get the Peskimo mug and matching shirt.

No comments: