Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Canceled? Maybe...

Is Dollhouse and Terminator: Sarah Conner Chronicles canceled? It's being rumored that Dollhouse has already been and Sarah Conner Chronicles might not be back for a 3rd season (2nd season just recently finished).

This would make this the 2nd series that Joss Whedon has done that was not as successful as the Buffy series. I don't think it was doing well in the ratings too. Only watched a couple of episodes of Dollhouse and thought that it was pretty good. But I wasn't hooked on it like when his Firefly series aired. A series based on his Fray comic series could work... or not... maybe?

As for Sarah Conner Chronicles... it doesn't quite make sense to kill a series that seemed to be doing okay in the ratings and quite popular. Plus with the new movie coming out soon, you would think that Warner Bros. would be able to market the tv series around that. Think this has a better chance at returning for another season than Dollhouse.

Without these two shows it makes Fox's Sci-Fi night dead... maybe the SciFi network (or is that Syfy now) will pick them up. That seems to be the place that all these failed sci-fi-type shows go to a some point: Threshold, Firefly, Dark Angel, Invasion, Jericho, Moonlight, Jake 2.0, Wolf Lake, Tru Calling...

1 comment:

Sidd said...

I am so bummed that my two favorite shows are probably getting canned. What is it with me and TV? If I like it, it's doomed. Well, Dexter is doing ok. Anyway, I hope the Sci-Fi network does move in on these great shows. I am hooked on them. (I cannot force myself to call it ScyFy, or whatever it is)