Sunday, April 12, 2009

Freezer Isle

Went to a gallery opening last month down in Orange County. Normally I would not drive that far for just any show, but I had to do it for this one. Lazysmash was part of the Freezer Isle group show at Phantom Gallery. Lazysmash is Kerry Horvath (Uglydoll co-creator, David Horvath's sister) and Darth Rimmer, the creators of Evil Ice Cream. The last show they were in Kerry had a new plush creation named Broccoli Boy and a Berry Burgler/Lactose Ghost plush. Missed out on that Broccoli Boy... grrr... That was almost a year ago.

Very surprised at what they had there... new plush creations and polystone figures. I picked up one of each Evil Ice Cream figures (Evil Ice Cream, Ice Clown, Zit Chip, Creepsicle), a Nosey the Narwhal, a purple Walrus Pop and the only Cauliflower Boy plush.

Darth told me that the vinyl Evil Ice Cream is not coming out since Wheaty Wheat is out of the business and the plush versions are on hold for now. Although they do have the polystone figures with the other characters waiting in wings to be made.

1 comment:

Sidd said...

There is a lot of talent in the Horvath family, that's for sure. I LOVE that Cauliflower Boy. And I'm sure about polystone. It's new to me. Nice collection of new goodies, Deano.