Sunday, June 28, 2009

Kimono Pillows

As I was fixing up my work space and taking some pics at the newly, redesigned studio. I noticed a few things sitting on the restaurant booth. There were these sofa pillows sitting there all packaged up and ready for selling. They are made from Japanese kimono fabric. They are really gorgeous! You have to see them for yourself, since the pics don't do them justice.

I thought that my studio partner, Ty, made these. Found out later that someone had given these to him for helping out on something. I really thought he produced them since he makes handbags using similar materials. Even kids clothing using Hawaiian printed fabrics. He needs to get his website back up and running to sell these things.

Now that I think about it, the both of us need to get started on that plush project we were going to do a few years ago. I have a couple of different characters I want to do first, but not sure on how that will work in plush form. Hmmm... will it be Diablo... Chowdah... Fang... or someone else...

3 comments:

person said...

Cool pillows!

Sidd said...

Those pillows look beautiful. Kimono's are fabric art pieces all on their own. Great idea with the pillows. Hope you get your plush up and running soon.

deanobot said...

Thanks! These really are beautiful. He had a few more that were slightly smaller than the one pictured. I'd like to see him make some that were about 1/4 of the size, but then you loose some of the design elements on the fabric.

Hopefully I get the plush thing going soon too. Just have to make sure it looks right and, hopefully, can be marketable.