Monday, June 22, 2009

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Screening

Just got back from seeing a screening of the new Transformers movie, Revenge of the Fallen tonight. Got to see this at the screening theater on the Paramount lot, which has an incredible sound system and seating. All I can say about this movie is... OMG!... Unbelieveable! This one was way better than the first one. Now I can see how Shia LaBeouf hurt his hand during the filming of his stunts. The action is just incedible and Megan Fox looks absolutely smokin' HOT! Lots of laughs... Mudflap and Skids are two of the funniest Autobots in the movie. Then there are even more Transformers in this movie... there are even Insecticons and a Prentender in this one...

Everyone from the first movie returns to this sequel, along with some new characters. Finally we get to see the Constructicons and Devastator, Soundwave, Ravage, Jetfire and Arcee in the film. Although not quite in the same form as their cartoon and toy counterparts. A little disappointed with that, but can live with it. New Autobots: the Twins (Mudflap and Skids), the motorcycle sisters (Arcee, Chromia and Moonracer), Sideswipe, Wheelie, Jolt and Jetfire. New Decepticons: the Constructicons (plus Devastator), Soundwave, Ravage, the Doctor (Scalpel), Demolishor, Sideways, Rampage, the Fallen and more in their protoforms.

I really, really did not like the first movie. Mostly because the CGI designs of the Transformers and their choices on who they used in the film. But this one has much better CGI in it, I can actually tell what Decepticon is fighting. Sadly some of my favorite Autobots don't look like they survive this one. One thing that seemed kind of odd to me - Are bullets really that effective against a giant metal robot? Maybe a granade/rocket launcher would be a better choice... I'm just saying...

I am definitely going to see this movie again over the weekend.

1 comment:

Sidd said...

Now I'm excited. I was holding my breath on this one, hoping it would be better than the first. SO COOL!