Thursday, June 18, 2009

Total Drama Action!

The series spinoff to Total Drama Island made it's long awaited premiere last Thursday to huge numbers for Cartoon Network. It was the most watched among kids 6-11, 9-14 and all boys for the day. This propelled the network to its best Thursday performance year-to-date.

15 of the original 22 contestants (Chris and Chef also) make their return to this cartoon version of a reality game show. Instead of a camping/wilderness setting this series takes place in an abandoned movie studio. All the challenges revolve around movie themes. The elimination ceremony that took place around a bonfire with marshmallows for awards has been replaced with an awards ceremony and Gilded Chris Statuettes in place of the marshmallows. Storylines and relationships are carried over from TDI which add to the growth of the characters.

I loved TDI and can't wait to see what happens in this series. Think my favorite characters are Duncan, Gwen, Leshawna, Bridgette, DJ and Izzy. Now I can't wait for Stoked and hope they make another season of 6teen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And something similar is?

Anonymous said...

I apologise, but, in my opinion, you commit an error. I can defend the position. Write to me in PM, we will discuss.