Sunday, December 13, 2009

Kauzbots

Went to Unique L.A. a few Saturdays ago. Been looking forward to going to this for the past few months, since Felt Club was not being held this year. I started to check out the Unique L.A. website and saw photos from a summer show they had earlier in the year. There was this one pic of a booth with these plush robots that I had never seen or heard of. They were called Kauzbots, robots with a heart.

Checked out the Kauzbots website to see more info on them. There are 10 different robots that all begin with the letter "K" and each support a different cause:

Kalvin (dark gray) - Hearts of Gold
Kruz (blue) - Lifewater International
Kale (green) - Arbor Day Foundation
Karthy (yellow) - TACA (Talk About Curing Autism)
Kiefer (black) - IRC (International Rescue Committee)
Karson (red) - AIDS Walk
Kourage (purple) - George Mark Children's House
Khloe (white) - NCOHF (National Children's Oral Health Foundation)
Kaprice (pink) - Breast Cancer Network of Strength
Karissa (orange) - Share Our Strength

10% of the sale price from each robot goes to support its specific cause. Same goes for the apparel and keychains. They all have the same body shape, but different colors, material patterns and antennas. There is also a pocket on the back of all the robots. Inside of the pocket is a little plush heart.

When I got to the booth and saw them, I just had to get me one. Picking out a robot was a tough decision. Do I choose by color or cause? Went with color this time around. Chose Karissa. But as I was waiting to pay for my purchase, I decided to get one more and picked up Karthy. I got a Kalvin keychain too. It looks like a miniature plush version of Kalvin. Found out that the keychain will no longer be produced in that style due to manufacturing complications. Instead they will be in the form of the robot's heads.

Love these guys... how can you not love 'em. They are cute robots that support a cause, which can make a difference in the world. Think my next robot will be Kale. Basing my choice by cause this time...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went to Nucleus yesterday, they were having a craft art show, and saw those Kauzbots, they were pretty neat and cute! I would of purchased one but unfortunately i'm broke haha.. anyways..

Anonymous said...

I just don't get this Kauzbot thing.

I mean, wouldn't it be more helpful to just send the full 100% of your money to the cause these "dolls" are supposedly benefiting? Instead of putting 90% of the money into this company and it's founder's pockets?