Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Strikeforce

As I mentioned in a previous post, here is an old sketch I found cleaning out an old portfolio. I had to photocopy it to reduce it down so that it would fit on the scanner. Can't remember how old it is... maybe 15 years old or more. It's in regular pencil, on 11" x 17" paper and in an unfinished state. This was an early idea for the characters there and a few have changed since then.

I've come to notice something going through some of my sketches... I seem to have quite a few of them. Some in a rough state, others in a completed state. To top it off, I never do anything with the ideas either.

Unfortunately that's not the problem with this one. I drew this on the beach at a huge family outing. See the blotchy spot toward the top center? That's where a bird decided to add it's own handiwork to my drawing and that was the end of that. I did wipe it off, but that's the stain it left.

3 comments:

Sidd said...

There is so much going on in the sketch. Really enjoyed scanning through it. It's also neat that it is a piece from the past. You do have a considerable talent there.

deanobot said...

Thanks Sidd!
This stuff has always been more of a hobby. One of the things I really wished I was able to do was utilize it more. I just never could see myself drawing for a living at that time.

Sidd said...

It is often in peoples hobbies that their true bliss and best talents are found. Gee, I sound like Master Poe.
Anyway, with your talent you could have a real future with your art.